Online shopping has been on the increase—and the cannabis industry is no different. More and more cannabis delivery services have been popping up around the US, and as legalization becomes more widespread, so will cannabis delivery.
Gone are the days when you’d struggle to find the number of a seller who delivers to your area. Nowadays, you can buy premium, legal cannabis with the click of a button or a phone call. Convenient and easy, cannabis delivery can be lifesaving for those who use it for medical reasons, and a simple solution for recreational users, too.
Cannabis delivery has been a real lifeline in the time of COVID. Thanks to online cannabis shopping, it’s possible to get your favorite strains and products without even leaving your house.
Interested in getting cannabis delivered? Here’s what you need to know about buying cannabis online.
Is cannabis delivery legal?
Yes—under certain circumstances.
Of course, cannabis isn’t legal all over the United States. But, in areas where cannabis is legal, you can probably find a legal cannabis delivery service in your area.
We’re currently the only legal cannabis delivery service in Chula Vista, San Diego. We deliver cannabis products all over the county. View our delivery areas here.
Which states have legal cannabis delivery?
The laws on cannabis delivery obviously vary by state. Right now, several states have legal adult-use medical cannabis delivery, including:
- New Mexico
- New Jersey
- North Dakota
Some states also allow recreational adult-use cannabis to be delivered, such as California, Oregon, and Maine. Interestingly, Canada also allows for adult-use cannabis delivery.
Cannabis laws are constantly changing and evolving, and if your state isn’t on the above list, it might become legal within the next few years. If you’re not sure of the laws on cannabis delivery in your state, it’s a good idea to look it up.
How does cannabis delivery work?
It depends on the store you choose. Some services require you to phone in like you’re ordering a pizza. Others have an online store that allows you to look through their catalog and select what you’d like in the same way you’d shop online for clothing or appliances.
Once you’ve selected your products, you place the order. Most places work on a cash-on-delivery basis, but if it’s not clear, ask them about payment options.
After selecting your order and sharing your address, you can sit back and relax while your order makes its way to you. With our delivery service, you can expect your order within 1 hour.
How do I pick a cannabis delivery service?
With so many services out there, how do you find the best online cannabis store?
Here are a few points to consider:
- Find one that delivers in your area. First thing’s first: check exactly where the service delivers to ensure that it’ll get to you.
- Note the opening hours. It’s important to know their opening hours in advance, as some stores are closed on certain days. We’re open from Monday to Sunday, 8 AM until 10 PM.
- Choose a legal, legitimate store. Unregistered stores might sell less-than-premium products – which can put your health at risk.
- Ensure that it offers the products you’re looking for. Some companies only sell flower, while others also offer edibles, concentrates, topicals, oils, vapes, and accessories.
- Ask about delivery times. How long will you wait for your delivery to arrive? Some stores are faster than others.
If you have any questions about a store, call or email them. Their social media pages might also be able to answer your questions.
How do I choose which cannabis products I want delivered?
As mentioned, many stores offer a wide range of products, from flower to edibles and beyond. If it’s your first time using a cannabis delivery service, you might feel overwhelmed by all the options.
Before purchasing cannabis products, ask yourself how you want it to make you feel. Are you using it to socialize and chill out? Are you using it for sleep? Are you looking for cannabis products with medical benefits?
Once you’re clear on why you want a product, you can choose a product that fulfills those needs. Take a look at the product description. This will tell you, for example, whether it’ll make you feel sleepy, uplifted, or joyful, or whether the product is often used for pain, anxiety, or insomnia.
Which form of cannabis should you choose? That depends on your personal preference. If you enjoy smoking cannabis, purchase some flower. If you dislike smoking, try edible gummies or concentrates. Topicals are great for soothing pain, and vaping is fantastic if you like the feeling of smoking but want something that’s a little easier on the lungs. Pro tip: if you don’t know how to roll cannabis joints, purchase a pre-roll.
Feeling lost? Email or call the store. They’ll be happy to help you choose the best products for your needs and guide you through the delivery process.
Tips for using a cannabis delivery service
Whether it’s your first time having cannabis delivered or not, take note of the following tips for making use of cannabis delivery:
- If you need more information on a product, check the reviews or social media pages.
- Call the store if you need any help using their website or choosing a product.
- Because of the ongoing pandemic, it’s best to use a mask and sanitize your hands when retrieving your package.
- Make a personal note of whether you like the product, and if you’d like to purchase it again or not.
- Feel free to tip your delivery person!
Ready to try out the wonder of cannabis delivery for yourself? Check out our online store, which is jam-packed with quality cannabis products. We offer weed delivery in Chula Vista as well as the rest of San Diego.